F acelift is one of the most popular procedures in the world of Aesthetics. This procedure has helped turn back the hand of time and get more women to look younger and feel more comfortable in their own skin longer.
There has been a lot of advances in the world of cosmetics that sometimes you don’t actually need to go under the knife to get your face lifted. Non-Surgical Facelift has become a very popular and fairly affordable procedure. It also can be done at an earlier stage of life to fix minor signs of aging before they get too bad. This helps maintaining a more natural youthful look. But what is the difference between Surgical and non-Surgical Facelift? Which one is better for you? And when is it reasonable to do one treatment vs the other?
Non-Surgical Facelift involves a collection of procedures that aim to lift mildly sagging skin, building volume, and smoothening mild to moderate wrinkles. This procedure is done by professional practitioners who received advanced training in these procedures. These procedures mainly include;
- Neuromodulators like Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport to refine wrinkles, lift the eyebrows, fix the corners of the mouth, or fix the platysma bands in the neck.
- Fillers; to lift the sagging cheeks, contour the jawline, filling under the eyes, filling hollow temples and forehead.
- PDO thread lifting; to smoothen mild wrinkles, pull moderately sagging skin or tighten the neck
- PRP injection; as in Vampire Facelift, solely or in combination with fillers.
The results of these treatments can last between 1-2 years. But more advanced FaceLift procedures have been merging that showed longer lasting results such as:
- Profound radiofrequency Facelift. This is the first and only FDA approved microneedling procedure that has showed 100% response rate for facial wrinkles. It has proven to create all 3 skin fundamentals, elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid. Results usually start showing in 1-2 months and are long lasting for years to come.
With these procedures, patients don’t need to be put under anesthesia. This is a great alternative especially for clients that have respiratory or heart diseases and cannot tolerate anesthesia. The downtime after the procedure is very minimal compared to Surgical lift. Most clients would be able to resume their daily activities immediately after leaving the clinic.
Traditional Surgical Facelift
The traditional facelift is probably the most well-known type of facelift. This invasive cosmetic procedure is used to reposition the skin and muscles on the face and the neck. Surgical Facelift is done by a Plastic Surgeon who can also pull back the skin on the face. Which helps eliminating sagging muscles, as well as wrinkles and deep lines. Your plastic surgeon ends up cutting the excess skin.
This is a wonderful procedure for older people who have significantly sagging or loose jawlines, large wrinkles and deep creases, drooping or hooded eyes and sagging facial muscles. Unfortunately with older people commonly we see more significant medical problems like respiratory or heart problems. So It’s extremely important to consult with your medical doctor before deciding to undergo this kind of procedures.
What are the risks of facelift surgery?
Facelift Surgery can result in any of these complications:
- Complications during the surgery include: Anesthesia risks, bleeding, cardiac or respiratory compromise
- Complications after surgery include:
- Poor wound healing and skin loss
- Facial nerve injury with weakness
- Temporary or permanent hair loss at the incisions
- Fluid accumulation
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Persistent pain
- Unfavorable scarring
- Prolonged swelling
- Skin irregularities and discoloration
- Sutures may spontaneously surface through the skin, become visible or produce irritation that require removal
- Deep vein thrombosis
At Chrysolite Aesthetics, we provide a variety of Non-Surgical facelift procedures. Our absolute goal is for you to love your results! If we cannot achieve the hoped results via nonsurgical needs, we’ll be sure to guide you how you can get them.